Tuesday, August 23, 2011

////

So... I'm a college freshman, I guess?

Yesterday, I must say, was the strangest day of my 17 year life.

 I started classes at the College of the Bahamas (C.O.B.) here in Freeport yesterday. No, that's not the strangest part. It's that I didn't know I'd actually be starting college.

As I recall, I registered for the Spring 2012 semester and not the Fall 2011 semester. Yet somehow did I ended up in class today (ENG 101) without one required material (besides a pen my mom had on her blouse and a folder leaf my adviser donated). In a span of  two hours -the time it took for my mom to call from her work out of the blue to tell me that I needed to "throw something on [to wear]" because she was coming to take me to college, to practically fly to the college campus,  to meet with the dean to get my acceptance letter printed, to get advised while attending my first English class (my adviser happens to be my ENG 101 professor) and to finalize which courses I would take- my whole life changed.

The thing is, I mistakenly applied for the Fall semester but, however, received a local scholarship to attend the college. My high school councilor warned me that the scholarship would be void (or something...) if I chose to wait until the January to begin college.

So, here I am, now a college freshman and an art major at that! It still hasn't completely sunk in, but it will.

*sigh*
And I was still getting used to being a high school graduate.
C'est la vie.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Lilian said... 9/09/2011 4:35 am

    wish you the best in college :) hope it will give you some of the things you need to create the life you want :)

  2. The Local Blogger said... 9/09/2011 7:19 am

    Thank you, Anne! :)

Post a Comment